Please read the disclaimer, terms, conditions and stuff
below before requesting posting status.
TarBoard: Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of the TarBoard forum is covered by the following disclaimer, terms and conditions.
The TarBoard forum is provided by All Things Ransome (a not-for-profit association), for Arthur Ransome fans everywhere. By using TarBoard, you agree that you are responsible for your own words, and all consequences that may flow from them.
The site managers hereby disclaim all liability for any statements that are made in this mostly unmoderated discusion forum.
Whatever, please continue to use your uncommonly good sense, and we'll try and use ours.
- TarBoard is however an Arthur Ransome discussion forum, and steps will be taken to remove blatantly off topic posts. Offensive posts can be removed and IP addresses, domains and users can be barred from this service. Originating ISPs can be informed of misuse.
- We would hope we would discourage obscenity and mindless abuse.
- Personal attacks are right out.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism or homophobia. ( nor will We define them for you :-) )
- Any content that may cause legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings will be removed.
- Whilst encouraging a wide range of views, we will consider removing any content that other users might find offensive, threatening or merely annoying.
- Links to any of the above types of content are likewise prohibited.
- We reserve the right to terminate any membership ( posting "permission" ) for any reason or no reason at all.
- As TarBoard is a forum for discussion of things pertaining to someone mainly known as a children's author, it is hoped that an ethos suitable for a wide range of ages will be maintained.
- What little moderation/file deletion that is considered necessary or occurs will be carried out ASAP; should not be construed as an insult or personal condemnation; will not be announced; and, as a rule, no discussion will be entered into. Little time is available for such moderating and even less time for bickering.
- In the spirit of protecting against people complaining about any archives of posts, you grant the All Things Ransome association a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you post in any format, including without limitation print and electronic formats.
- By posting, you accept complete liability in respect of any material you submit and that you, not All Things Ransome, are responsible for its content and accuracy. It follows that any material you submit must be your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights. Please acknowledge the source of any quotes (e.g. Bloggs et al. 1988) and do not post anything that amounts to a substantial part of a work.
Thanks to the (Manchester) Guardian's discussion forum, and LUBBS, for: gist; inspiration; and some wording, of above disclaimer, terms, conditions and stuff.
Note: TarBoard has no connection with The Arthur Ransome Society (TARS).