Re: What is a "milk-can" ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Previous # Next ] [ Start New Thread ] [ TarBoard ]

Posted by Allan Lang on August 13, 2006 at 02:21:07 from user Allan_Lang.

In Reply to: What is a posted by Ed Kiser on August 12, 2006 at 23:28:07:

[] So there seems to be two kinds of "milk-cans", one being the large container of the Dutch cart, and on the PP train platform, and the other being more of a bucket or pail that can be carried in one hand, yet open to slopping and spillage and unprotected from contaminants from falling into the milk.

Is the concept of a "milk-can" a rather general designation, applied to any container in which milk can be carried, or is that a specific item of known and constant description? []

It appears (b) The milk can is a hand version of what the Brits call a "milk churn" and US and Oz calls a "milk can" (though what happened to the cover lid of Peggy's milk can I have no idea)

milk can

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup


Existing subject (please edit appropriately) :

or is it time to start a New Thread?


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

post direct to TarBoard test post first

Before posting it is necessary to be a registered user.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TarBoard ]

Courtesy of Environmental Science, Lancaster